Welcome to Information Technology Board
For Azad Jammu & Kashmir (AJ&K) the rise of Information Technology is an opportunity to overcome historical disabilities and become the master of one own destiny. IT is a tool that will enable AJ&K to achieve the Vision 2025 of GoAJK to become a skilled, prosperous and self-confident state. In doing so, IT promises to compress the time it would otherwise take for AJ&K to advance rapidly in the march of development and occupy a position of honor and pride in the community of under developed territories.
Head of Department
Director General Information Technology
AJ&K IT Board was established in 2001, through an Act of the AJ&K Legislative Assembly. The Board has the mandate to act as a regulatory, advisory & monitoring body for all IT initiatives in AJ&K. The IT Board is working under an umbrella activity known as Infrastructure Setup for Master Implementation Plan MIP. MIP is devised for the purpose of encouraging and promoting IT facilities in AJ&K and has the following three main objectives;
- IT Mass Literacy
- Software Development
Leverage global best practices and benchmarks to develop a citizen focused E-governance framework through constructive engagement with the private sector.
AJ&K IT Board mission is to:
- Use synergies of the IT industry, academic institutions and the government representatives on the AJ&K IT Board to develop and implement consequential strategies, which will enable state to achieve its immense IT potential
- Leverage global best practices and benchmarks to develop a citizen-centric e-Governance framework through constructive engagement with the private sector.
- Lend a hand to the Government in the creation of a reliable and robust infrastructure and creation of a proficient human resource pool.
- Encourage and assist the entrepreneurial spirit and make the fruits of this technology available to every citizen.
- To make AJ&K the hub of information technology and AJ&K IT Board be the leading IT organization in promoting economic growth in IT and IT enabled services sector.
AJ&K IT Board Goal:
Our Goal is to architect an ICT ecosystem for materialising the vision of digital kashmir through computerised and digitally connected state departments, digital governance digital inclusion through IT mass literacy.