AZAD GOVERNMENT OF THE STATE OF JAMMU AND KASHMIR Law,
Justice, Parliamentary Affairs and Human Rights Department
“Muzaffarabad” Dated: 30th-December-2004
No. LD/Legis/337-343/2004. The following Act of Assembly received the assent of the President on 23rd day of December, 2004, is hereby published for general information.
[Act IX of 2004]
to amend further the Azad Jammu and Kashmir Information Technology Board Act, 2001.
Whereas, it is expedient to amend the Azad Jammu and Kashmir Information Technology Board (Amendment) Act, 2001 (Act XXVI of 2001), for the purposes hereinafter appearing;
It is hereby enacted as follows:
1. Short title and Commencement.
- This ordinance may be called the Azad Jammu & Kashmir Information Technology Board (Amendment) Act, 2004.
- It shall come into force at once.
2. Amendment of Section 4, Act XXVI of 2001.
In the Azad Jammu & Kashmir Information Technology Board Act 2001 (Act XXVI of 2001) hereinafter referred to as the said Act, in Section 2, after clause (g) the following new clause shall be added namely:
“(h) Member means Member of the Board”
3. Amendment of Section 4, Act XXVI of 2001 : The said Act, sub-section (1) of Section shall be substituted as under:
“(1) The Board shall consist of the following Chairman and Members, namely:
|2||The Chief Secretary||Vice Chairman|
|3||The Additional Chief Secretary(Development)||Member|
|4||The Secretary to the President||Member|
|5||The Secretary Finance||Member|
|6||The Secretary Information Technology||Member|
|7||The Director General||Member/ Secretary|
|10||The president of AJ&K, Chamber of commerce & Industries||Member|
|11||One IT Professional, proposed by DG IT Board||Member|
|12||Four Directors(nominated) by the Government||Member|
|13||One IT Professional, nominated by Vice chancellor, Azad Jammu and Kashmir University||Member|
Amendment of Section 5, Act XXVI of 2001:
In the said Act, in Section 5, after clause (g) the following new clause shall be added, namely:
“(h) to ensure financial of the Technical Board Fund per approved policy plan for smooth operation of the Board”
3. Repeal. Repeal : The Azad Jammu & Kashmir Information Technology Board (Amendment) Ordinance, 2004 (Ordinance IV of 2004) is hereby repealed
Sardar Muhammad Anwar Khan
Azad Jammu and Kashmir
Syed Shahid Mohi-u-din Qadri