Infrastructure setup for AJK IT Master Implementation Plan
AJK IT Board is an autonomous body without any normal budget allocation. MIP is the back bone of IT Board which acts as PMO. All the projects of IT Board are planned, executed, implemented & monitored under the umbrella of MIP and all the administrative, financial & human resources to run the vastly stretched organization are being provided through this scheme.
Director General Information Technology
AJ&K IT Board was established in 2001, through an Act of the AJ&K Legislative Assembly. The Board has the mandate to act as a regulatory, advisory & monitoring body for all IT initiatives in AJ&K. The IT Board is working under an umbrella activity known as Infrastructure Setup for Master Implementation Plan MIP. MIP is devised for the purpose of encouraging and promoting IT facilities in AJ&K and has the following three main objectives;
- IT Mass Literacy
- Software Development
Leverage global best practices and benchmarks to develop a citizen focused E-governance framework through constructive engagement with the private sector.
AJ&K IT Board mission is to:
- Use synergies of the IT industry, academic institutions and the government representatives on the AJ&K IT Board to develop and implement consequential strategies, which will enable state to achieve its immense IT potential
- Leverage global best practices and benchmarks to develop a citizen-centric e-Governance framework through constructive engagement with the private sector.
- Lend a hand to the Government in the creation of a reliable and robust infrastructure and creation of a proficient human resource pool.
- Encourage and assist the entrepreneurial spirit and make the fruits of this technology available to every citizen.
- To make AJ&K the hub of information technology and AJ&K IT Board be the leading IT organization in promoting economic growth in IT and IT enabled services sector.