An ACT to provide for the establishment of the Azad Jammu & Kashmir Information Technology Board and matters ancillary thereto. Whereas it is expedient to make provisions for the establishment of the Azad Jammu & Kashmir Information Technology Board.
Dated the 28th December, 2001
No. I.D/Leg/ 1541-48/2001. The following Act of the Assembly received the assent of the President on 10th December 2001, is hereby published for general information.
To provide for the establishment of the Azad Jammu & Kashmir Information Technology Board and matters ancillary thereto.
WHEREAS it is expedient to make provisions for the establishment of the Azad Jammu & Kashmir Information Technology Board.
1- Short title & Commencement: (1) This Act may be called The Azad Jammu & Kashmir Information Technology Board Act, 2001.
(2) It shall come into force at once
2- Definition:In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires, the following expressions shall have the
3- Body Corporate:The Board shall be a body corporate having perpetual succession and a Common seal
with powers to acquire hold or dispose of property and shall by The said name sues and be sued.
4- Constitution of Board: (1) The Board shall consist of the following members, namely
|2||The Chief Secretary||Member|
|3||The Additional Chief Secretary||Member|
|4||The Secretary Finance||Member|
|5||The Secretary Services||Member|
|6||The Director General||Member/ Secretary|
|8||One IT Professional||Member|
The Azad Jammu and Kashmir Information Technology Board (Amendment) Ordinance, 2011 (Ordinance XLIV of 2011) is hereby repealed.
(Sardar Rashid Kaleem)
Section Officer Law
5- Function of the Board :- The following shall be the functions of the Board.(2) No Act, proceedings or decision of the Board shall be invalid by the reason of any vacancy or defect in the constitution if Board.
6. Powers of the Board:- (1) The Board may, subject to the approval of the Government, make rules and regulations, for carrying out the purpose of this Act.
Provided that the Board shall not propose draft of regulations affecting the Constitution or power of any authority of the Board until such authority has been given an opportunity of expressing an opinion in writing upon the proposal.
(2) In particular and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing powers such regulations may provide for.
7- Delegation of Powers: (1) The Board may delegate to any person any of its powers, duties an Functions.
(2) The Director General may delegate any of his powers, assigned to him to any officer of the Board.
8. Officers of the Board: The following shall be the officers of the Board.
9. Director General:
10. Employees of the Board : The Board may employ such advisors, consultants and employees in its Services as may be necessary for the efficient performance of its functions in such manner and on such terms and conditions as may be prescribed by the Board.
11. Technology Board Fund:
12. Budget, Auditing & Accounts: The budget of the Board shall be approved and its accounts shall be maintained and audited in such manner as may be prescribed by the rules.
13. Removal of Difficulties: If any difficulty arises in giving effect to any provision of this Act, the Government may make an order as may be necessary for removing such difficulty.
14. Repeal : The Azad Jammu & Kashmir Information Technology Board Ordinance 2001,(Ordinance LXVIII of 2001) is here by repealed